LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to control an electric motor using LabVIEW?

Solved!
Go to solution

The motor runs only in one direction, so we can skip that problem.

I only want to control the speed of the motor.

---
LabView 2009.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(1,224 Views)

Rubid,

Your problem is not in LabVIEW, but in the selection of supply. If you want to control the motor from LV, you need to find a supply, whose output is configurable from LV (it will require some sort of communicating with PC). It is as simple as that, except for the price you are willing to spend.

Satish

Message 12 of 15
(1,215 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Rubid

@Rubid wrote:

The motor runs only in one direction, so we can skip that problem.

I only want to control the speed of the motor.

You can skip only 3/4 of the problem since you still need to control 1 transistor instead of 4 🙂

But if you checked the wiki link, you should know that a H bridge is one electronic component, so why bother.

You just need to define your application in a better way.

You could drive a H brige from an Arduino board here and here

But like satish_21 already said you don't have a LabView problem right now, you have a hardware problemSmiley Surprised

If you later on control the Arduino board via LabView over the USB port, you have a USB speed controlled motor as you asked 4 Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 15
(1,201 Views)

If the motor current is less than about 1 ampere, a simple adjsutable voltage regulator (LM317) and an analog output from any kind of DAQ board can make a simple motor speed control.

Lynn

Message 14 of 15
(1,187 Views)

Thanks a lot, I think that this is the thing I needed.

I didn't know that there's something like Arduino...

Of course I'm going to check this theory in practice, so if I have any problems, I'll ask.

---
LabView 2009.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(1,174 Views)