From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect the database

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I am using labsql(and m quite new to it) and Mysql server 5.1.I wanted to know how to connect to the database without manually changing the dsn name from the administrative tools/ODBC driver 5.1. I want to install exe in multiple PC's and it would be of great help if I could do the connection directly though my Vi.

I went through many of the forums and came to know that "Provider=ProviderName; Data Source=DatabaseSource; Initial Catalog=DatabaseName; User ID=UserID; Password=Password" , should solve the problem.But where in my case I m still confused. The above connection string does not work fine with me.

Can anyone please help me out.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,472 Views)

I haven't used labsql, but in Database Connection kit you can a string constant with the information you posted rather directly. That string can be made by making a .udl file and opening it in e.g. notepad and stealing the text (or most of it)

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,466 Views)
''That string can be made by making a .udl file and opening it in e.g. notepad and stealing the text (or most of it)" Can u explain this more And to talk of the create connection vi in labsql also i can connect a string constant.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,455 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author saki

Have a look here, where I include a picture to show how to form a string constant to connect to the database. Some of the subsequent posts in that thread should also be helpful.

Good luck!

Ian

Message 4 of 4
(2,449 Views)