cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect string constant to true/false boolean

Solved!
Go to solution

@RRogers92 wrote:

You are correct Bill, I apologize for the error. I obviously didn't even look at the code twice. Please ignore my first post.

LOL you don't know HOW MANY TIMES I've done something like that.  Don't feel bad.  😉

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 31
(2,319 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author student11

high-low.png

Here's one way to do it, based on the example before that was on the right track!

If it's neither too high nor too low, it must be right on!  😉

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 31
(2,310 Views)

Did I just do somebody's homweork for them?  Oops.  Smiley Embarassed

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 31
(2,293 Views)

Thanks for all the help I'll try working it out.  That was the only way I would've understood it. Everyone I know are confused as well, I never knew a indicator can be used like that, as it was never introduced to us.

Thank you so much.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 31
(2,284 Views)

If you can explain to me why it works, you'll make me very happy.  😉

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 31
(2,274 Views)

Here's what I would do. Less clutter. 😄

Download All
Message 16 of 31
(2,272 Views)

You basically connected values to a true/false function thing (too small) if it is true it will display too small. If false we get information from the other second true/false function thing that says if it is true that it is (too large) it will display too large. If it is false, then the only option left is the "right on."

I can't figure how to connect the while loop to this. I know the while loop has to connect from a function boolean, but since we are using 2 true/false booleans, how do I connect a while loop to this? I try connecting it to the constant indicator conected to the first true/false boolean, but it says error.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 31
(2,269 Views)

I am sorry to sound stupid if i may ask, but what is the last, string pink indicator thing called and where is it. All we have learned is string constant from the block diagram and string control and indicator from the front panel. Basically the box all the way to the right in the example altenbach is showing.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 31
(2,266 Views)

A while loop spins until a condition is met.

Under what condition should the loop stop?

How fast should it spin?

Again, show us your code. Your description is way too ambiguous. What says "error"? (broken wire, error message, etc.)

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 31
(2,261 Views)

@student11 wrote:

I am sorry to sound stupid if i may ask, but what is the last, string pink indicator thing called and where is it. All we have learned is string constant from the block diagram and string control and indicator from the front panel. Basically the box all the way to the right in the example altenbach is showing.

It is a string indicator and it is in the string&path palette of the front panel.

You don't even need to find it. Simply right-click on the output of "index array" and select "create indicator".

Terminals of controls and indicators can be shown as icons and that's what you probably looking for. I don't show them as icons to save diagram space. You can right-click the terminal to switch the display style.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 31
(2,259 Views)