From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect labview program in my computer to an oscilloscope

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi

Iam quite new in learning Labview. I did a code for producing a sinus wave in Labview program. I want to send this sinus wave through a coaxial cable to an oscilloscope next to my computer to display the oscillations. When I do the connection between the computer and the oscilloscope I do not get any thing plotted , I just get a line. I included my code file below if you want to see it.

What am I doing wrong?

(Just to mention something: I get oscillations in my oscilloscope when I run a youtube video in my computer).

thank you very much

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 26
(4,091 Views)

So one end of the coaxial cable is connected to the oscilloscope input... What's the other end connected to at your computer?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 26
(4,078 Views)

Hi

the other end of the coaxial cable is connected to something called adapter (I do not know the full name of it but it is similar to  this http://www.ebay.com/itm/10PCS-BNC-Female-Jack-to-AV-RCA-Male-Plug-Adapter-Coax-Connector-/1823660601...) ,, then this adapter is connected to the sound output port in my computer ( like when you use a headphone)..

Thank you sir

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 26
(4,065 Views)

Your program has no output, it only makes a sine wave on the screen.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 26
(4,057 Views)

Hi

How can I make it send out the sinus waves to the oscilloscope?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 26
(4,052 Views)

The sound output functions such as "Play Waveform" are in the functions palette under Programming/Graphics & Sound/Sound/Output.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 26
(4,048 Views)

Use the VIs from the Sound->Output:

14-03-2017 15-31-08.png

For a beginner the Express will be easier to use, so go with it.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 26
(4,045 Views)

Thanks you all

If I want to use the labview program as a generator of sinus waves (like this generator http://www.batronix.com/shop/oscilloscopes/Rigol-DS1054Z.html) ,, I want to generate ultrasonic sound waves (bigger than 20 kHz) .. How can I change the following attached file to make it produces ultrasonic sound waves with frequency of 1 MHz?

The main idea is to use the labview as a generator of ultrasoundwaves and then connect a coaxial cable to the computer and then use these signals like for example to plot them in oscilloscope or power a device ect.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 26
(4,011 Views)

@ramialsaiad wrote:

Thanks you all

If I want to use the labview program as a generator of sinus waves (like this generator http://www.batronix.com/shop/oscilloscopes/Rigol-DS1054Z.html) ,, I want to generate ultrasonic sound waves (bigger than 20 kHz) .. How can I change the following attached file to make it produces ultrasonic sound waves with frequency of 1 MHz?

The main idea is to use the labview as a generator of ultrasoundwaves and then connect a coaxial cable to the computer and then use these signals like for example to plot them in oscilloscope or power a device ect.

How do you expect to generate a 1Mhz signal from hardware that is rated 20hz-20Khz?

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 26
(4,007 Views)

@RTSLVU wrote:

@ramialsaiad wrote:

Thanks you all

How do you expect to generate a 1Mhz signal from hardware that is rated 20hz-20Khz?

OK sir so I cannot generate 1 MHz sinus wave by using labview in my computer

thank you ,, I did not know that

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 26
(4,003 Views)