From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure MPI USB cable in NI OPC?

HI All,

I have to communicate with Siemens PLC S7-400 with NI opc server to read all register values. To communicate with plc I use USB MPI

adapter cable. But in NI opc server there are only three options Serial, modem and Ethernet configuration. How can I configure USB MPI adapter cable in NI opc server, OR  Can I use USB to serial converter???

Please help me urgent.

Thanking you in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,973 Views)
Search for MPI S7 on ni.com and the forums. You should be able to find loads of helpful articles.
Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,972 Views)

Hello,

I am having the same problem with the USB MPI siemens cable and I cant not find any way to introduce the USB port in the OPC server definition.

Regards

Miguel

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,561 Views)

HI,

i'm interested in this thread. Can i use the NI Usb 485 converter to use OPC Server?¿?

In this link, referred to this conversor but i'm not sure that can be used

http://www.datalights.com.ec/site2/images/docs/opcsiemenss7200.pdf

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,229 Views)

Hello everyone 

sorry for writing in this thread but i am facing the same situation and i think that the problem did not solved yet so , any help would be appreciated

Best Regarsd

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,781 Views)

stll waiting ...... 🙂

How to Siemens S7-315-2-dp with DSC opc server via PC adapter ??

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,754 Views)

NI OPC do not have driver for MPI USB. So, we need another OPC for MPI USB, you can try this OPC:

http://www.ibhsoftec.com/epages/63444704.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/63444704/Categories/Download/Do...

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,515 Views)