From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure LabVIEW web server to allow viewing and accessing the content of a folders

I have added the following html line to the body of the html file generated by the LabVIEW Web Publishing Tool:

<a href="MyFolder" target="_blank">My Folder Content</a>

I expect the link labeled "
My Folder Content" to open a new browser window displaying the content of  "Myfolder" which is located inside the LabVIEW webserver root folder.  I got an error instead.  If I substitute "Myfolder" with a filename, the browser will display the file just fine.

Can someone provide me with some hints on configuring the web server for this purpose?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,548 Views)
Hola Hector

Estoy trabajando con tu caso y se me ha hecho bastante interesante.
Solo te quiero preguntar... que version de Internet Explorer tienes?
Utilizas algun otro web server ? ( Mozilla tiene este problema me parece)
Segui los pasos que mencionas con Internet Explorer 6
y pude abrir la carpeta sin problemas.

Te pido por favor que me contestes estos datos para darte una solucion muy especifica.
lamentablemente tengas que hacer referencia directa ( todo el path) a los archivos del folder para accesar a ellos si tu explorador no lo permite.

Lo unico que puedo confirmarte es que parece no ser un problema de National Instruments.

sin embargo si me das mas informacion podemos descartar cualquiera de las conclusiones a las que he llegado.

Espero tu respuesta

Saludos Smiley Happy
Erwin Franz

Certified LabVIEW Architect, Certified TestStand Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,526 Views)

I follow the steps you mentioned with IE 6.0 and Labview 8.2 - 8.0

and I did not get any problem.

Maybe is something related to your web browser, what version it is?

(with Mozilla sometimes this is a common issue)

As I couldnt reproduce your problem maybe is not something very related with National Instruments.

Anyway please post more information about your system  to help you better.

regards Smiley Happy

Erwin Franz

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,516 Views)
Hi

Just as a note, altrhough LabVIEW web server acts like a web server it doesnt have the entire functionability of one.
If you want to open a folder you should use a third party web server as APACHE.
This is possible and is the only recommendetion available for the moment.

thanks for your post and hard work

Smiley Happy
Erwin Franz

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,488 Views)
Thank you Erwin. I will work around the problem using Apache in port 81 to allow the users of my website to view folder contents.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,476 Views)