LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to communicate with third party bluetooth device using LAbVIEW

Hi

I am trying to communicate with a third party bluetooth device using LabVIEW, I am using a bluetooth dongle. I am able to discover the device and able to open the connection by specifying the service as serial port. But after that when I am trying to read and write data between LabVIEW and the bluetooth device (using Bluetooth Read & Bluetooth Write functions) its not happening.

Dose anybody faced same kind of issue if so kindly guide me, this is first time I am using Blutooth protocol.

Regards

Visuman 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(17,935 Views)

Hi,

I am able to talk with bluetooth / serial devices by using Labview protocol (not Wii dll). These are steps:

Discover the bluetooth device in range (Bluetooth dicover.vi)

Get the address of the device

Pass device address to Bluetooth RFCOMM Service Discovery.vi to get service list

Pass channel and uuid to Bluetooth open connection

After that do write and read (Bluetooth Write / Bluetooth read).

I hope it works for you.

Take care

tp

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(17,880 Views)

@visuman wrote:

Hi

I am trying to communicate with a third party bluetooth device using LabVIEW, I am using a bluetooth dongle. I am able to discover the device and able to open the connection by specifying the service as serial port. But after that when I am trying to read and write data between LabVIEW and the bluetooth device (using Bluetooth Read & Bluetooth Write functions) its not happening.

Dose anybody faced same kind of issue if so kindly guide me, this is first time I am using Blutooth protocol.

Regards

Visuman 

Have a look at NI VISA. There's loads of information about it. I found this particularly useful: http://www.ni.com/support/visa/vintro.pdf

Once you paired your third party bluetooth device with your p.c. or other device, you just open a visa session by using the visa resource name control and then it's just a matter of reading/parsing data from the virtual com port

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(17,872 Views)

Hi

Thanks for the reply, I had also used the same logic but it was not working, but the return count of the bluetooth write function got updated accordingly. Still I am puzzling why its not working, as the other option I tried VISA read and write also that option also got failed. But as per my observation I am able to achieve the same using Hyperterminal application.

Thatnks & Regards

Bharath

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(17,848 Views)

Hi

Thanks for the suggestion, II tried with VISA as per your input but its not working but I am able to achieve the same using Hyperterminal application.

Regards

Visuman

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(17,847 Views)

I think it's time you posted your code so we can take a look

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(17,840 Views)

Hi

Please see the attached code, when I am trying to run this code I am getting a timeout error as attached in the screen shot.

Regards

Visuman

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(17,835 Views)

Hi,

Your code work fine on my machine.

tp

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(17,821 Views)

Hi,

Were you able to resolve this? I am having the same issue with a Bluetooth USB to serial adapter. Normal comm ports and regualr USB to serial adapters communicate with no problems, but as soon as I try the Bluetooth one, I get the same error when trying to write to it. Looks configured in Windows correctly and I can see if in MAX.

Thanks,

Garrett Herning

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(17,737 Views)

Hi,

I am facing similar problem, i am using bluetooth dongle bluegiga 122, my requirement  is  to list out all near by bluetooth devices,  for this i am using bluettoth discover pallete, its not working now, i got to know that to use USB dongle, we sholud have "Windows bluetooth stack driver" in PC.

i could not get proper URL to download, can any one suggest me how can i sort out this  issue.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(14,649 Views)