From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to communicate with the instrument via USB to Serial converter using MAX?

Since it seems you already asked the question in the appropriate place, your posting here makes even less sense.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(700 Views)

<Saverio scratches his head... >

Ummm.. so... what was the issue, then? I'm thoroughly confused now.  Smiley Surprised

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(689 Views)

jhouwana wrote:

just to clarify, the instrument that i am using is not the usual commercial instrument like Agilent, R&S, and other vendors. So there's no driver and others that i can search in the internet, the only information that i got from the maker of the instrument is the syntax or serial commands which are use to send instructions to the instrument and it is just a 4 liner serial commands,  and it is the same command that are use in the hyperterminal communcation.

If it's not an Agilent device why posting something on the Agilent forum anyway????

But if you know the syntax and serial commands, why not using good old Hyperterminal???

If you can communicate via Hyperterminal, send the same codes via e.g. "VISA Write vi" and it should also work.

Message Edited by Alain S on 01-03-2010 03:29 PM
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(649 Views)
He posted on the Agilent forum because he is using VEE.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(640 Views)