From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the front panel height and width runtime

Solved!
Go to solution

How to change the front panel height and widht at runtime. Basically i want to decide height or width based certain parameters which i will in the run time.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,788 Views)

Look at the Front Panel: Panel Bounds property node.  See the Context Help for description of the elements.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,782 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Aspiration

viresize.png

ed. johnsold was first:)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,781 Views)

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,773 Views)

Nice!!  

But - dumb question - how do I place a property node linked to the front panel?

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,751 Views)

Dave,

Not a dumb question.  It is not obvious to someone who has not used property nodes much.

Drop a property node in the diagram. If the top part does not say "VI" then pop up on it and Select Class... Navigate through the menus to VI. Then pop up on the lower part and Select Property... And navigate to the desired property.

While you are in the menus look around a bit to get an idea of some of the other available properties you might need for your next project.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,740 Views)

Thanks!  

It was navigating the upper part to VI that had me stumped.  Never dug through "VI Server"...

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,738 Views)

Yes PiDi, johnsold was first. But i marked your post as solution because somebody might have questions like how to do with Fp.WinBounds.

Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,705 Views)