LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the boolean rectangle indicator to 2 triangles.

Solved!
Go to solution

The notation for a valve is two triangles with the points touching.  I want to show valve images as boolean indicators--red=closed and green=open.  Is there a way to alter the standard shape of the normally rectangular or circular indictors to match the double triangle.  I know you can achieve this result by using the triangular shapes and blocking out the part of the rectangular boolean that doesn't look like the double triangle shape.  I don't want that since I find it tough to group the shapes.

valve image.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,333 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ahhah

You have similar controls and indicators already available in the DSC toolkit.

Or one solution you could try is to use custom controls, make your two image in a software such as paint.

Select the control you want to customize (in you case a boolean) and with right click Make Type Def then Open Type def.

Copy your image for one of the state in the clipboard and select Import picture from clipboard and the state associated with you image from the right click menu

Do the same again for the other state.

You can also find more info about custom controls in the LabView help

I hope this answers your question

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,296 Views)

Certainly, following the steps mentioned by didje007, you can create a control like the one shown below.

Ing. Jonathan E. Cruz Ortiz

ENERGÍA PROACTIVA S.A.S

Cel : (+57) 3173669343 - (+57) 3124451894

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,287 Views)

I did it.  However, sometimes when I right click a control it allows me to customize and other times not. Right now I can't figure what I did to allow the customize function or not.

?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,261 Views)

If the control is linked to a custom control, you won't be able to customize it any more (but you will be able to change the templates it is derived from) So you may see open type def insterad of make type def.

Is what you see?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,258 Views)

I'm not sure what was going on.  Maybe something with V2010.  As soon as I tried it on V2012, everything worked as advertised. ??

Thanks, This opens up a ton of possibilities.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,255 Views)