From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the LabVIEW Help window font sizes?

Solved!
Go to solution

I read the LabVIEW Help documents quite often, and the default fonts are too small making it very difficult to read to long period of time. I couldn't find anything when I can change the font size.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,347 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author skyluck
The help is HTML and at least in Windows it looks like IE is used to view them. Most web pages have a set font size to control the page appearance, but you can ignore it by going into Internet Options (accessible from the help screen as well)>>Accessibility (which is a button which hides in the bottom of the page). I don't see any way in the LabVIEW help of actually specifying the size, but at least for me it made it larger. Note that this will affect any web page you view in IE.

This is a terrible oversight (pun intended) by NI.  As screen resolutions go up and veteran programmers get older, the inability to change the text size for the Help application, without changing EVERY web site one views in IE, is ridiculous. The controls to temporarily change text size are built into IE but the "wizards" have decided to mask all the User Interface for IE in favor of a take-it-or-leave font.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,015 Views)

That worked great.  Since I don't use IE anyway no downside to this change.  Now I can adjust the size of the font to whatever I like using CONTROL +-0.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,705 Views)

Ctrl + Mouse Wheel seems to work great for me in altering the font size temporarily, just like in IE. No mods to Internet Settings required.

Message 5 of 6
(2,676 Views)

My problem was that I didn't click in the right half of the help screen before trying CNTR +-0 or thumbwheel.  Duh.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,657 Views)