From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change sample rate DAQmx

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am trying to: continuously record multiple channels (21 Acceleration and 1 voltage) using a DAQmx task, then output the data to a TDMS file. The program records and outputs to the TDMS file just fine. The issue I am having is that I am unable to successfully change the sample rate. I want to record 500samples/sec and I cannot get the "Actual Sample Rate" to change from 1651.61samples/sec. I am trying to use the clock to do this and I have been unsuccessful. I have also tried changing the "Timing Settings" in the task without any luck. Below is a screen shot of the .VI I created. I also attached a copy of the VI file. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

VI ScreenShot.png

Thanks,

Tony

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,647 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tony327
You need to provide the model of your device. You could also look in the specs/manual to see what are the actual sample rates that supported. Some devices have limited rates.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,637 Views)

Edit:  Nevermind!  I just realized that won't help at all 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,629 Views)

The device I'm using is a NI cDaq-9178 with (6) NI9234 acquissition modules, and (1) NI9221 module.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,619 Views)
The 9234 has a max rate of 51.2 ks/s as you can see from the product page. I don't know where your rate is coming from.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,602 Views)