LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change number of points for Agilent E4407B spectrum analyzer?

I am currently controlling an Agilent E4407B spectrum analyzer using the Instrument Drivers found on the developer zone.  Using the drivers I have created a program which does all of the functions that I desire, but I cannot figure out how to change the number of points for each scan without manually changing them on the analyzer itself.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,325 Views)
Hi Kevin,

I'm not sure about the command (because I don't have that instrument available here in the office)  but you should have some command you could send the device to change that setting if you can set it on the instrument. You may want to contact Agilent or look through the manual to find the command. Then, between a couple of VIs from the instrument driver(perhaps the initialize VI and your first data read or write VI) you could put in a VISA write and write the command out to the instrument that would change that number of points.

I hope this helps!
Regards,
Matt S.

LabVIEW Integration Engineer with experience in LabVIEW Real-Time, LabVIEW FPGA, DAQ, Machine Vision, as well as C/C++. CLAD, working on CLD and CLA.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,315 Views)
    Hi Keven,

I recently had to do the same thing, you will have to use the GPIB write

Command from the GPIB palette. Put in your port number for the GPIB device and

The command “:sense:sweep:points 8192” this will give you 8192 points of data instead of the default 401. Note that the firm ware must be upgraded to the latest version of you can not change the number of points

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,307 Views)

@jamesz

:points lmao

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,687 Views)
You created a login and resurrected an old thread simply because you chose to view emoticons in your profile? This is just noise.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,669 Views)