LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change end markers programmatically?

I have a LabVIEW 7.1 application that programmatically modifies the markers on a graph using the MarkerVals property.  When I upgrade to LabVIEW 8.2, the end markers are no longer modified.  How do I resolve this?

W. Brown
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,941 Views)

Hello Mr. Brown,

Interesting problem.  Has any of your code changed after recompiling in 8.20?  If you cannot find any changes, I would like you to try running the VI in highlight execution mode.  Does the section that is supposed to update the markers run?  Are all of the markers, but the last one, updating?  Pictures of both your front panel and the relevant section of block diagram could be useful.

Let me know how it goes.

Janell Rodriguez | Applications Engineer | National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,916 Views)
Thanks for your post.  I will extract the relevant code and post a 7.1 and 8.2 example.

W. Brown
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,910 Views)
Run Graph Test 71.vi with LV 7.1 followed by Graph Test 82.vi with LV 8.2.  Changing the "Points" input causes different results.  WB
Message 4 of 12
(3,902 Views)

Hello Mr. Brown,

I appreciate you uploading your code.  However, if you would please answer my questions from the previous post (does that section of code run in highlight execution?, etc) I will be more easily able to help you.

Thank you,

Janell Rodriguez | Application Engineer | National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,885 Views)

Now that I have sent you the source, wouldn't it be easy for you to verify highlight execution mode?  The two versions of source (2 very simple VI's) are identical.  They don't produce the same front panel result when the Points control is modified.  There must be a compiler change going from 7.1 to 8.2 that causes the different result.

WWB

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,883 Views)
I agree something seems broken in 8.20. (Or the behavior has simply changed ;)).

As a workaround, you can just set the axis max and min in addition to the markers. Seems to fix the problem. (See attached image).

Message Edited by altenbach on 10-05-2006 04:21 PM

Message 7 of 12
(3,881 Views)
THANK YOU!!  I had forgotten about these properties and will implement the workaround ASAP.   I will post this on LAVA as a possible problem with 8.2.

Thanks again.

WWB
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,862 Views)

Hello Brown,

Thanks for pointing out this behavior.  I have submitted a corrective action report to R&D.

Thanks!

Janell Rodriguez | Applications Engineer | National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,852 Views)
" I have submitted a corrective action report to R&D."

.... and the CAR# is ?

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,828 Views)