cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change csv file to dat file

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, 

I want ask you about the data that i got.

Actually, the data in csv file. So, can i change directly file to dat file? Just put c:\Trace.dat?

can or not? 

Need your help.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(11,521 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(11,512 Views)

thanks.

I have done download. so, what the function is? 

Need your help. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(11,501 Views)

Didn't you read the information given in the link? 

" This DataPlugin supports the reading and writing of CSV files with various separators like comma, semicolon, tab, or others.

The CSV DataPlugin is installed by DIAdem and LabVIEW by default. If your CSV files require specific treatment to read all information into DIAdem and LabVIEW, you can use the DIAdem DataPlugin Wizard to write your own DataPlugin.

File Extension: *.DAT
Direction: Read / Write
Last Change: Released with current LabVIEW and DIAdem versions

"

You can also try this link if you want more specific information 

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/13789/en

T

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(11,498 Views)

Do you just want to change the extention (which does nothing to the file) or are you trying to change the file format?  And what format do you want if you are changing that?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(11,467 Views)

Thank you. 

Hi, 

I just want to change the file format. Previously, the format is in .csv file. Now I want to change to .dat files.
How the process?

Need your help. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(11,465 Views)

What is the format of the dat file?  There is not really a set definition for dat files.  So it is a matter of how you want to store your data.

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(11,463 Views)

Actually this format in MATLAB software. So, i want this dat format because I want to simplify my data imported directly into the software.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(11,458 Views)

This should do it: CSV_to_DAT.png

This will only work with numbers, I think to do text you have to add the matlab headers.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(11,453 Views)

@NurHidayah wrote:

Actually this format in MATLAB software. So, i want this dat format because I want to simplify my data imported directly into the software.

And what is the format that is defined?  Or are you referring to MAT files, which are binary files specific to Matlab?

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(11,432 Views)