LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to call NIST REFPROP fluid libraries from labview 2014 SP1 (32-bit)

Hi everybody,

I'm developing a software for managing a vapour compression cycle test bench and I need to call the NIST REFPROP libraries for fluid properties.

Till now I followed the indication in the National Instrument forum and the instructions given in the NIST page:

(http://www.boulder.nist.gov/div838/theory/refprop/LINKING/Linking.htm#LabViewApplications)

When I open the example VI I get the indication for a broken SubVI (the R CALC at the bottom right of the next image). Does anybody has any suggestion?

Thanks for the help and the collaboration.

Federico.

error.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,048 Views)

Hi Federico,

what errors are shown inside this VI?

I recommend to use FluidProp, they have a much simpler API interface to use RefProp (and other libraries as well)…

(Disclaimer: I'm not working for Asimptote, I just use their software.)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,044 Views)

Hi GerdW,

I have problems with connecting with the libraries, in fact the error is about the call library function node that isn't working properly.
I also tried the fluidProp and I managed to work in excel but I didn't find any application or ready VI for labview.

Any suggestion please?

Thanks,

FF

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,935 Views)

Hi **bleep**io (it seems the forum software doesn't like your nickname),

I also tried the fluidProp and I managed to work in excel but I didn't find any application or ready VI for labview.

Me neither…

FluidProp is called from LabVIEW through ActiveX interface (it's pretty straight-forward). Sorry, can't offer any VIs here, just a screenshot:

check.png

I bundled all the FluidProp stuff in a LVOOP class…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,933 Views)

Thank you very much for your answer!

I can assure that the nickname is just my surname and in italian doesn't sound so weird like in english...

I will try to call fluidprop via activex and I think it will be quite easy to develop my own software.

Just in case, I leave you my istitutional mail address if it's possible for you to share a ready VI, I'll be grateful! 🙂

Thanks again!

federico.**bleep**ioli@unifi.it

FF

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,917 Views)

It seems that I can't write my surname, neither in the mail address, so if its possible for you write to giacomo.pierucci@gedeone.de.unifi.it, I'll be grateful and I will answer from my mail address so you will finally find out my surname 🙂

Thanks

FF

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,915 Views)