LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to call Labview-VIs in a AgilentVee-function?

Hello,
i have some good running Labview-Vis and want to use them in a Agilent-Vee-function (*.vee).
Is there a way to make a DLL from the VIs?
Or is it possible to run a VI from a C++-DLL? Then i could create this DLL and call the DLL in VEE.
But i would be easier if i could call the VIs direct in VEE, so if any VEE-users are reading this... perhaps someone has an idea.

Thx for any ideas.

best regards
J.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 19
(3,517 Views)
Hi J.,

you can create DLLs from your VIs using the ApplicationBuilder (but you need a proper license/LabView version). Which version do you use (number and kind [base/full/professional])?

Maybe you should ask the same question in an Agilent/VEE forum?

Message Edited by GerdW on 06-11-2008 10:48 AM
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 19
(3,516 Views)
Or you could use the VI server ActiveX interface to do this.

Ton
Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 19
(3,509 Views)
I´m using LV Professional 8.5
The Homepage says that the ApplicationBuilder is included "Included as part of the LabVIEW Professional Development System":
http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/10731

But where can i find this program?

But could to hear that there is a way.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 19
(3,508 Views)
Hi J.,

you have to use the project explorer to be able to build apps/dlls/distributions. In the project you have a (virtual) folder named "Build Specifications" where you create your spec for making a DLL from your VI.

Maybe you should read the manual or attend one of the (free) online courses for LabView basics?

Message Edited by GerdW on 06-11-2008 11:32 AM
Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 19
(3,498 Views)
In the VEE-directory is an example how to do this.

Located in:
C:\Programme\Agilent\VEE Pro 7.5\examples\ActiveXAutomation\LabVIEW.vee
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 19
(3,477 Views)

The LABView.VEE example doesn't work.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 19
(3,116 Views)

Ok. And this is a 6 year old thread…

Did you ask Agilent for support? It's their software and probably their example…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 19
(3,111 Views)

Thats an old thread.

Of course I contacted Agilent first because it is their example with a disclaimer posted at the top. I also contacted NI and they were very willing to try to explain their Active X interface and how it might be utilized to invoke NI Vis. I am getting closer, but I have still not been able to invoke my *.vis built as a *.llb and exposed to Agilent Vee via the Active X Automation interface. 

The feature of this interface is the protocol is ellusive, at least to me. I have even turned to some C/C++ examples, and C# examples trying to gleen protocol information. I'm closer but not their yet.

So... does anyone have a working example of invoking Agilent VEE invoking a NI vi (*.llb), via an ActiveXAutomation interface.

I am usinmg Agilent Vee 9.3 PRO, LabView 2013.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 19
(3,105 Views)
An llb is not a VI. It is an obsolete way to store VIs and should not be used. Try calling a VI that is outside an llb.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 19
(3,101 Views)