Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to build a CIN Resource file using Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition

Good Morning Sir/Mdm,

The platform that I am working on is:
IDE: Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition
Software: LabView 8.0

I would like to build a CIN Resource file using the Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition. I followed the instructions given in http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/4161 but to no avail.

So may I know how can I go about solving this problem?

Thank you.

Regards,
Ronald Cheong
Message 1 of 4
(2,491 Views)

Hallo Ronald,

did you find a solution?

I´m having the same problem like you and didn´t find any help.

Regards

André

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,459 Views)
I can't really help with this as I'm still using Visual C 6.0 for this for some good reasons. But unless you want to do CINs for the sake of bragging that you did it, there is really no reason to do so anymore. Creating DLLs and accessing them through the Call Library Node is the recommended, prefered and more mainstream solution since at least LabVIEW 7.0. There is virtually nothing you can't do with DLLs and the Call Library Node since that LabVIEW version that you could do with CINs and the one or two esoteric things you can do in CINs that are hard or almost impossible to do in DLLs were never used.

And LabVIEW 8.2 adds with the callbacks (a bad name as it is not a callback but rather an initialization/uninitialization routine) the only missing feature to the Call Library Node that could sometimes make a CIN a bit more comfortable for certain situations.

Rolf Kalbermatter
Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,457 Views)

Hello,

I have found a solution.

And i have made a tutorial, however it is in German. If I have time i will translate it. But I think, that I will need some help because both program versions are in german.

I hope it will helps some people, which have the same problem like me.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,408 Views)