LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to arm channel 1 of a PCI 6133 DAQ card using labview?

Hi,

I am new to the Labview and I need some help.  I have a PCI 6133 multifunction DAQ card and I'm using Labview 8.2 to capture five channels waveform data.  I setup channel ai0 to be the trigger channel and I need to capture data from ai0, ai1, ai2, ai3, and ai4 when ai0 is trigger.

Question:

1) I am using DAQ assistant to configure my channels.  How can I arm the channel ai0?  I have an "execute button" and it should arm the scope when I click it.
2) Is there trigger ready signal, so I can save all the channels data when channel ai0 is trigger?

Can anyone provide some help?

Thanks 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,395 Views)
Hello wirte spreedsheet,

Thanks for posting to Discussion Forum. It looks like you are using the PCI-6133 to acquire analog data from ai0:ai4. You want to use ai0 as the trigger for the other channels.

Does your application need to be retriggerable?
Are you doing continuous acquisition?
Are you doing Analog start trigger or reference trigger?

Take a look the following shipping examples, found in LabVIEW click Help>>Find Examples. On the browse tab, Hardware Input and Output>>DAQmx>>Analog Measurements>>Voltage:

Cont Acq&Graph Voltage - Analog SW Trigger.vi

>> This example demonstrates how to perform an analog software triggered acquisition. The example allows the user to specify the triggering condition and the number of pre-trigger samples to acquire.

Cont Acq&Graph Voltage - Int Clk - Analog Start.vi

>> This example demonstrates how to continuously acquire data (Waveform) using the DAQ device's internal clock and an analog slope start trigger.

Take a look at these applications and let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Have a good day.

Regards,
  Sandra T.
Applications Engineer | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,379 Views)