LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to adjust the resolution in a VI (NI-IMAQdx) ?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi.

I can adjust the resolution very well with the Video Mode in Measurement & Automation Explorer, but i will do it in my VI as well.

I found the property node named "Video Mode" and the problem is that i really don't know, what i have to write in it ?. I want to downscale my resolution to

160x120

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Oesen
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(8,210 Views)

Hi Oesen,

I believe you can use IMAQdx property node as shown below:

imaq prop.JPG

1. To find the IMAQ property node: Functions Palate (at your block diagram) >> Vision and Motion >> NI-IMAQdx >> Property Node.
  2. Right click on the Properties of the IMAQdx Property Node and select 'Change All to Write' to allow you to insert the values to your properties
  3. Click on one of the properties >> Acquisition Attributes >> Height. You can do the same for Width at the other property.
  4. Right click on the input arrow of the Height >> Create >> Control as shown below. Do the same for Width and you should get as the example above diagram.

Hope it works

Warmest regards,

Lennard.C

Learning new things everyday...
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(8,193 Views)

Hi Lennard

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried that procedure, but it still records with 2592x1922. I still can't downscale the resolution.

Here is a snippet of my block diagram, and I have uploadet the VI as well

Untitled.png

Best regards

Oesen
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(8,173 Views)

Hi

There is normally a property for the camera that you can edit called Video Mode. This si typically what you would change within MAX so that the camera only outputs the required resolution. Use NI IMAQdx Enumerate video modes to make sure that you can edit it on your camera and which one to select, with the property node Video Mode.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(8,168 Views)
If I want to use 160x120 as a resolution, what do I write as a number in the Video Mode property in my VI ?.
Best regards

Oesen
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(8,162 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Oesen

When I run the Enumerate Video Modes VI it shows me 0(160x120), 1(320x240) .... If you run that first it should show you. You could also count which position it is in the list in MAX. (Start at 0). I would take a stab at 0.

Mike

Message 6 of 12
(8,154 Views)

It works !!. Thank you very much Mike !

Best regards

Oesen
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(8,140 Views)

Hi Mike,

Do you know how to adjust my video resolution in NI-IMAG?

Thanks in advance

Hadi

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(7,997 Views)

Hi Oesen,

Do you know how to adjust the resolution of a video with NI-IMAQ?

Hadi

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(7,996 Views)

Hi
quick question, how should I wire Enumerate Video Mode?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(7,572 Views)