From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add records with 'Autonumber' property to a MS Access database using LabVIEW?

Nevermind previous question, I have solved the problem,I believe it was reserved names that I used in access.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(820 Views)

Hi Alex77,

can you please post your vi?

so that it will be easier to understand your problem.

Any of the field has autogenerated values???

Regards,
Dev
CLD Certified Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(711 Views)

I just wanted to add a comment here... I've had an issue very similar to this.  The Autonumber thing was just completely elluding me.  

I needed my "ID" field to contain a unique number and as a work around, I ended up changing the field to just a Number (which had to be unique) and just wired the cluster to be written without specifiying field names.  Each time I added a new entry I'd perform the calculation to find out what the value should be.  This wasn't a problem until production started adding more and more stations.  I kept getting a corrupt database because multiple writes were happening at (nearly) the same time and when two records would try to write the same number, the database choked on it.

I am in the middle of a code upfdate/rewrite (because of the database crashing issues and some additional requirements) and I decided to take a look at it again.  Which brings me to my point...  

Access has a lot of reserved fields that you may not realize.  I knew TIMESTAMP was one, but I was pretty confident the rest of my fields were not reserved... Turns out... I was wrong.  

i found a link to a list of reserved words in MS Access, and thought it may be helpful to repost for anyone else seeing this error, You should DEFINITELY check the list out and ensure you are not using a reserved word:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/286335

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(402 Views)