LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add a enum or a boolean to a specific cell of a table control?

Thanks Everybody,

Finally i have done it with Cluster Array only as i was not able to find any other way out...

its look like the attached pic....
Certified Labview Associate Developer(CLAD)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't Forget to Rate the answers.!!! You can do it in few seconds
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(2,165 Views)
Could you use a list box (which can have a symbol at the front) to achieve this?
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(2,162 Views)

Paul,

No, I have not used a table or list box in this case,

I have used a array of cluster of string and boolean(you can add anydatatype to this cluster)...

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(2,159 Views)
I am aware of what you have used.  A listbox is simply an alternative suggestion.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(2,158 Views)

ok,i thought you were asking me,thanks for the suggestion ......Smiley Tongue

but can you tell me when i have to use a enum in the place of the boolean (in the pic )then can i use listbox,if yes how can i do that...?

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(2,157 Views)
It may not work in your situation, but what I suggest is, if you use a listbox control, you can detect a double-click on individual items, and then change the symbol for that item (e.g. toggle the checkbox symbol on/off).

I have attached a VI as LV v7.1 (from 😎 - I am unable to downsave it any earlier at the moment (I am without a machine running 7.1).
Message 16 of 18
(2,151 Views)

Perhaps you will find this useful.  (See the example in Table with Selection Lists.llb)

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(1,042 Views)

@Dinesh Kumar wrote:

Other thing is how we can add a scroll bar to a cluster..?

There are these old deprecated properties, but they're flaky.  The scrollbars will show up, but they don't stay.

csbv.png

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(1,030 Views)