From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add NI-VISA Configuration Support to list of additional installers

I recently changed computers and now I am trying to use an installer that I made with the old computer, but one of the additional installers I had selected was the NI-VISA Configuration Support.  How do get that installed to my new computer so it will available in the list of additional installers?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,972 Views)

Hello Terry,

I you have to install this driver again to the new computer from NI LabVIEW Driver DVD no. 3.

After that you can see this perticular into the installer list.

Vinal Gandhi, CLA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,939 Views)

if it's not in your 'old' installer then you did not include it in the build.

You will have to download the correct version from NI ... this is the link for the 5.4 

http://www.ni.com/download/ni-visa-run-time-engine-5.4/4231/en/

There is a good chance if you install the latest NI VISA your program will run again!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,933 Views)

Vinal, I know I have to reinstall it, but what am I re-installing, NI-VISA, NI-Serial, ......?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,915 Views)

If the installer is just asking for NI-VISA, you can probably get away with just that.

NI-Serial will have an option to install NI-VISA as well.  I think it's selected by default, so you'll get NI-VISA either way.

-Jim B
Applications Engineer, National Instruments
CLD, CTD
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,904 Views)
NI-Serial will just take up space unless you are actually using one of the NI serial products.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,901 Views)