From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to activate functions on the front panel in run mode?

Solved!
Go to solution

Works fine for me.  I can scroll with the mouse wheel or by dragging the bars.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 44
(1,145 Views)
While the program is running? I tried this with 2 computers, all cant scroll up and down
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 44
(1,141 Views)

Yes, while the VI was running.  Maybe you made an edit that we don't have?  It would be in the VI Properties->Window Appearance.  I have "Default" selected.  Is yours something else?

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 33 of 44
(1,136 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bombbooo

We have three concepts of run. Run mode, VI execution state and your application's run state. When I click the big square run button on your application the graph updates and I cannot scroll or do anything with any of the buttons.

This is because the event structure is hanging. There are two easy ways to fix it. Add a timeout event or go to edit events handled by this case and unselect Lock front panel (defer processing of user actions) until this event case completes. Neither of these is the best way but it will get it doing what you expect. [Edit: timeout doesn't seem to be the answer, but unselecting defer processing does work]

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

Message 34 of 44
(1,132 Views)
Ok thank you so much. Im not home now. I will try to follow your suggestion. I'll let you know if it works or not. 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 35 of 44
(1,127 Views)

Ok, I was able to repeat it.  Steve's suggestion worked.  I have no clue why.  The event has to be complete before the graph code even runs.  Why would it still have the front panel locked?

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 36 of 44
(1,123 Views)

@Bombbooo wrote:
Scroll up and down. Its locked

How? Scrollbars? Scroll wheel? Pan tool?

Edit: sorry,posting by phone. Did not see the other replies since.

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 44
(1,120 Views)
Scroll wheel or bar or anything. I cant move my front panel while it is running
0 Kudos
Message 38 of 44
(1,116 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

Ok, I was able to repeat it.  Steve's suggestion worked.  I have no clue why.  The event has to be complete before the graph code even runs.  Why would it still have the front panel locked?

That is a very good question. I thought that once a loop containing an event structure was done, the event structure is also done. I only checked that because the symptoms indicated that even though it didn't make much sense.

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 39 of 44
(1,109 Views)

EDIT: somehow double posted

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 40 of 44
(1,108 Views)