LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to activate functions on the front panel in run mode?

Solved!
Go to solution

Have you checked to see if any of your controls are disabled?

For one, I see the large cluster array called "Main Data Stream" is disabled.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 44
(724 Views)

My VI is in the post topic. There are also some controls on the front panel too

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 44
(722 Views)

"Can you be more specific on which controls you mean and exactly want you mean by "unlock". Which controls do you perceive as being locked? How can you tell?"

As you can in my VI, all functions on the main data stream should be unlocked during the run mode. The user should be able to type the name and information on the provided spaces.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 44
(719 Views)

See the reply by Ravens Fan. The array is disabled. If you run the VI first then stop it the array control will be enabled and you can change the values in run mode.

Edit: But as it was already pointed out, run mode is really for development purposes so the developer can see what the VI looks like to the end user. That includes disabled controls. Why would you want your end user to ever use run mode?

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 44
(712 Views)

@Bombbooo wrote:

"Can you be more specific on which controls you mean and exactly want you mean by "unlock". Which controls do you perceive as being locked? How can you tell?"

As you can in my VI, all functions on the main data stream should be unlocked during the run mode. The user should be able to type the name and information on the provided spaces.

If you right click on the control, go to Advanced->Enabled State.  Enabled should be checked.  I found a bunch of controls that are set to Disabled.  This is likely the culprit.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 44
(710 Views)

"See the reply by Ravens Fan. The array is disabled. If you run the VI first then stop it the array control will be enabled and you can change the values in run mode"

Sorry but it is still disabled even though it is run and stopped.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 44
(705 Views)

When I ran the VI I got a file dialog. I canceled that and clicked the stop button. I then went to run mode and was able to change the value of the controls. But what you need to do is enable it how crossrulz said above.

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 44
(699 Views)

As I posted earlier, you are dynamically enabling and disabling controls in the program.  As part of your cleanup, you need to enable all of the controls.

BTW, I typically use "Disabled and Grayed out" when I disable a control for user interface reasons.  It will be clear to all that the control is disabled then.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 44
(693 Views)

"If you right click on the control, go to Advanced->Enabled State.  Enabled should be checked.  I found a bunch of controls that are set to Disabled.  This is likely the culprit"

When I change into run mode, I can't even right click on anything. Its all locked.

I already tried to remove all those disabling block diagrams but it still didn't work. The purpose of these block diagrams is to lock everything after the program is really running.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 44
(692 Views)

You might e confused by the big "main data stream" control, because the individual elements are enabled, but only the array container is disabled (i.e. inoperable in run mode). Since things are hierarchical, you need to enable the outermost container for the individual elements to be actuall operable.

In edit mode, rIght-click the array container on the edge (or in the index display), select "advanced..enabled state...enabled" (currently it is disabled).

Now save the VI with the new settings. If desired, repeat for the unit controls.

SInce you are changing the state inside the code back to disabled when the run button is pressed, it will remain like that even after the VI is stopped. You should make sure to prevent aborting of the VI and introduce some cleanup code that re-enables everything when you stop the VI and go back to edit mode.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 44
(689 Views)