LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to activate functions on the front panel in run mode?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, I would like to ask how I can activate the front panel while I change into the run mode (Menu- Operate- Change to run mode). Whenever I change into the run mode, I can adjust my values or anything. Could you please help me to unlock those?

Thanks

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 44
(2,948 Views)

Hi Bombbooo,

i'm afraid that i can't understand your post. Can you give me some more information, what du you want to accomplish? Why du you want to do in run mode?

Stephan

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 44
(2,923 Views)

When you click to change from edit mode to run mode (Operate---->change to run mode), all front panels are locked (you are not able to move or adjust anything while this mode is selected). I want the user to be able to adjust some values or work on the program while the run mode is running too. How can you I unlock everything on this mode?

When you operate in run mode, the user can't move anything on the front panel but he should be able to adjust or add some information. Hope you understand!! 🙂

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 44
(2,913 Views)

@Bombbooo wrote:

I want the user to be able to adjust some values or work on the program while the run mode is running too.

Adjusting values sounds like you need controls instead of indicators.  If the program is running, you can't edit it.  I'm not sure if this is what you are asking.  How about an example?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 44
(2,906 Views)

It still doesn't make sense what you are trying to do.

Of course the front panels are locked when the program is running.  You don't want to have a user moving stuff around or modifying the program when it is supposed to be executing.  You can change values in controls of course, which is a normal part of running a LabVIEW program.

Edit mode exists for changing the VI.  But of course you can only change the VI when the program is not running.

"Run mode" is a special situation.  It is available during edit time (when VI is not running) so you can see what the front panel looks like to a user when the VI is running without actually having the VI run.  It is something that is rarely used.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 44
(2,902 Views)
Are there any way to unlock all controls on the " run mode" ?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 44
(2,893 Views)

Yes, by switching back to edit mode.

Repeating what all previous posters already stated:

Changing values within controls is possible for controls (not indicators) during run mode, but editing behavior/layout and similar can only be done in edit mode!

Norbert 

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 44
(2,888 Views)
I can't even change any values in run mode. Its all locked
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 44
(2,885 Views)

Can you post the VI?

And as posted: Indicators cannot be changed in value, they INDICATE values, not ASKING for values....

Norbert 

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 44
(2,880 Views)

@Bombbooo wrote:
I can adjust my values or anything. Could you please help me to unlock those?
These are mixed messages. You can or you cannot adjust? Please clarify.

@Bombbooo wrote:
Are there any way to unlock all controls on the " run mode" ?
Can you be more specific on which controls you mean and exactly want you mean by "unlock". Which controls do you perceive as being locked? How can you tell?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 44
(2,877 Views)