LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Read and write array data into notepad or lvm?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am new to Labview and i wanted to use it in my project where i get accelerometer values X,Y and Z serially into a notepad and then displaying those values in Labview as a 3D plot or graph.The problem i am facing is the use of Cover to dynamic data express VI and how to save the array in a notepad or a lvm file.i was testing a basic block of building x and y values separately.was successful in plotting it to  graph but dont know how to save those values in a file.Can some1 please help me out in his ??

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,797 Views)

Hello,

i kinda figured out the part how you store (dont know if it was the conventional way) but now if i have to read from that file and display how should i go about it?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,795 Views)

I don't have LV on this computer but usually the way to go is to use the Array to Spreadsheet and Spreadsheet String to Array VIs from the string palette. Look at the LV help for how to use these vis.

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,790 Views)
You really need to take a tutorial. You simply need to wire the graph to the signals output. You also should wire the error out of the write to the error in of the read. The way you have it, the read will happen first.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,783 Views)

Thank you for looking into this. Since I was converting into dynamic data before writing it I thought you have to convert it after reading but then I got stuck as to whether build the array again so as to display it in the graph. Dennis I did what you said and the graph on reading is a bit funny just started today and I am kinda skipping the long tutorial due to shortage of time. sorry

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,778 Views)
I'm going to skip an explanation due to lack of time as well.
Message 6 of 10
(3,770 Views)

My sincere apologies Dennis.I knew from the begining how much time it will take to understand this beautiful software.Please help me out cause i am really stuck here.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,764 Views)
Try connecting a regular graph.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,756 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Simon1991
Sorry, I wasn't paying much attention that you wanted an xy graph. Try using a split signal function to get the separate x and y signals.
Message 9 of 10
(3,754 Views)

Yes it worked.Thnak you.I will work harder and see more examples to get a better grip on the software.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,748 Views)