cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Read .HWS file in LabVIEW

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm new to LabVIEW. I have used the Analog Waveform Editor to create an arbitrary waveform .HWS file that I would like to Read theis samples in LabVIEW and like to output them on a HomeMade DDS Signal generator.

I know that a .HWS file readed by using NI-HWS Express load.vi but my labview has not this vi !!!!!!!!!!!

please guide me! what can I do! this vi is a downloadable vi? If there is, where I can download it!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(6,516 Views)
Solution
Accepted by MDLT

MDLT,

The NI-HWS Expres load.vi is a VI that is loaded into LabVIEW when Signal Express is installed. Do you have Signal Express? It is included with the Full, Professional, and Development Suite LabVIEW packages.

Will
CLA, CLED, CTD, CPI
LabVIEW Champion
Choose Movement Consulting
choose-mc.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(6,488 Views)

Dear Will,

TanX 2 Reply.

I installed the registered SignalExpress 3.0 but Still I dun have the NI-HWS in my LabVIEW!!!!

D u have any suggestions

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(6,470 Views)

Dear Will S., 

may i have a request!!!

could you please give me your own the NI-HWS Express load.vi. I really need it.

please do it for me if its possible for U.

I hope U be as well as always. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(6,461 Views)

MDLT,

It is the weekend but try the links below. I found all of them just by searching ni.com for "read hws in labview."

Where Can I Find the NI-HWS Driver Software?
Missing Icons on Functions or Control Palette in LabVIEW
Using the Analog Waveform Editor and HWS Files with Multifunction DAQ Devices
Low-level HWS File I/O using Block Reads

Will
CLA, CLED, CTD, CPI
LabVIEW Champion
Choose Movement Consulting
choose-mc.com
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(6,443 Views)

I also have some questions about niHWS. I am using niScope EX Save to FIle-HWS low level singal channel stream to acquire and fetch data, but in that program , I could only get the interger data type other than real time waveform. May I know how to retrieve the realtime data from 8 bit interger data?

Thanks,

Chenyu

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(5,415 Views)

lcyuestc,

I am not sure if you are talking about the scope acquisition (i.e. the Fetch Binary.vi) or the niHSW write.vi. In either case the drop down menu attached to the VI allows the user to change the data type of the read/write. For the niScope Fetch VI the 1D I8 data type is available for selection and the niHWS the I8 data type is available.  Please see the attached images.

Applications/Systems/Test
National Instruments | AWR Group
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(5,385 Views)

Thank you for your reply.

I am using an NI example called"NI EX save to file-HWS low level-signal channel stream.vi"
, I try to tested it by input a sinusoid waveform from a function generator, and I got a .hws file. When I plotted in MATLAB, I only got some 8 bit integer value other than real analog waveform which I want from function generator. I wonder if there is a way to get the real analog hws file other than integer value.

Thanks, and I also put the program and waveform data to you.

lcyuestc

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(5,375 Views)

I am slightly confused by your wording, the .hws file contains only a single integer value? Was the the saved_file_sin_waveform.jpg plotted from the .hws file data? Maybe you could post the .hws file generated so that I can take a look at it.

Applications/Systems/Test
National Instruments | AWR Group
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(5,333 Views)