From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Programmatically Hide a file (*.ini file)...?

Hi am working with an application in that i want to show only some specified files to the user and the remaining files i have to hide it... Is there any way to hide a file saved in the Computer Hard disc?....

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,361 Views)

Hi Anand,

you don't say how you show folder contents to the user.

Using the standard file dialog you could use the pattern input to hide files.

Using the ListFolder function with a listbox (or table or whatever) you can apply any filtering on your own...

Is there a special meaning in the dollar and minus chars of your signature?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,350 Views)

If a user is determined, any file can be found. Can you tell us what you mean by "hidden"?.

You can set the file attribute of an ini file to "hidden" as part of the installer configuration. This way it won't show unless the users has the computer set to show hidden files.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,342 Views)

You can use the command ATTRIB to set the attributes of file(s).

Ton

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,324 Views)

Ok GredW and altenbach i'll explain what i do...

I am saving some configuration information in two files say A and B (Both are different configurations ) and i'll be having the information about one file ( File B) into the file A. So if I select File A  automatically all the configurations will be loaded (Including the info written in the File B) .. This is my concept and i want to display only the File A to the user in a browser window provided both the files (A and B) in the same folder.

GerdW wrote: 

Is there a special meaning in the dollar and minus chars of your signature?

No GredW i just wanted to make some design for my signature... But dont know how to do it..Smiley Sad

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,320 Views)