cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Hide Cluster and Array Imbricated Layers

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

How can we hide "layers" from clusters and arrays. I've been trying with the Tool Palet with Transparent but it doesn't hide the imbrecated layering. How can I make everything look flat?

Hide Layers.png

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,599 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Foreshadow20

What does "imbrecated" mean?

Try using the classic style for the array container and numeric controls.  When you use the transparent coloring on them, they will disappear.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,597 Views)
I'm not shure it will work well because if you put trasparent an element of array, all cells will become transparent...
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,591 Views)

franco.atzeni@terna.it wrote:
I'm not shure it will work well because if you put trasparent an element of array, all cells will become transparent...

You don't make the text transparent.  Just the background and frame.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,581 Views)
I'm sorry, i was replaying to another similar post
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,579 Views)

"Imbricated" - I looked it up.  It's a very cool word that I will add to my vocabulary, but I don't see any overlap here.  What are you trying to achieve?  If it's the "recessed" look you are trying to avoid, you could use the system controls as someone suggested.  You could also customize a control and use that instead.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,536 Views)

I would use the simple controls from the classic palette.

(To make the shading of your current modern controls transparent, you need to make sure that both colors are transparent, so hit the space bar in the color picker and make also the second color transparent)

Message 7 of 10
(3,532 Views)

I replaced the controls for classic and it worked.

For those trying this: You cannot replace directly, you will need to create a new array/cluster with the classic controls. Drag and drop the contents of your previous array/cluster. The order of elements remain the same when moving to another cluster. This was quick and easy as my controls were already a Type def, only had to switch to Strict Type def and everything got updated in 1 click.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,478 Views)

Also don't forget to vote for this idea. It will make issues like that easier to handle in the future. Thanks! 😄

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,474 Views)

I have recently created a set of flat controls, Flatline Controls., which includes 1-pixel-boarder clusters and arrays.

Message 10 of 10
(3,458 Views)