From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Glow LEDs in Sequence (One After the Other)

Hello Labview,

I am coming back here after a long long time and re-touching the Labview after so long.

So, have some really basic question.

I have 15 LEDs, which I want to glow one after the other (First glows and dies, then second glows and dies, then third glows and dies and so on...).

I should be able to do it with a single button.

I know this would be a silly question but I am not able to make out since I am returning after a long time.

Can I please request you to help me creating such a program?

Looking forward for your positive reply.

Regards,

Nishant

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,748 Views)

@Nishant wrote:

Hello Labview,

I am coming back here after a long long time and re-touching the Labview after so long.

So, have some really basic question.

I have 15 LEDs, which I want to glow one after the other (First glows and dies, then second glows and dies, then third glows and dies and so on...).

I should be able to do it with a single button.

I know this would be a silly question but I am not able to make out since I am returning after a long time.

Can I please request you to help me creating such a program?

Regards,

Nishant

The fundamentals of LabVIEW hasn't changed that much in 5 years.

It sounds like you need to re-learn what little you knew by taking the online tutorials.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,739 Views)

Hello,

Yes, I do agree that fundmentals haven't changed and they even wotn't for sure.

I have already started learning and making out  how I could do it.

My main reason to put up a question here was that "I am short of time and this point of time as I have a deadline to meet".

I will be able to meet deadline if somebody helps me in creating that program or at least give me few hints.

I hope you understand my concern and would come forward to help.

Regards,

Nishant

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,733 Views)

What hardware do you have to drive the leds? I'm assuming you have a digital output module of some sort?

It could be a simple as taking a U16 integer set to 1 and writing that to your output device, then bit-shifting left one bit and writing it again, and so on. In a loop. With a time delay. Depends a bit on your hardware and what format you need the data in to drive it.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,713 Views)

@Nishant wrote:

Hello,

Yes, I do agree that fundmentals haven't changed and they even wotn't for sure.

I have already started learning and making out  how I could do it.

My main reason to put up a question here was that "I am short of time and this point of time as I have a deadline to meet".

I will be able to meet deadline if somebody helps me in creating that program or at least give me few hints.

I hope you understand my concern and would come forward to help.

Regards,

Nishant

Perhaps you should hire a LabVIEW programmer on a contract basis to do your work for you ?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,712 Views)