From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Eliminate specific numbers from a numeric controller based on bollean LEDs?

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a bollean array of LEDs. When I turn on  specific number of booleans it should effect an ouput numeric controller. For Ex: From the boolean array if I  turn on the 1, 3 and 7 LED, the numeric controller should now only givce ouit  1,3 and 7 numbers instead of all the numbers in sequence. Is there an way to achieve this?

Labview Learner
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,062 Views)

Sounds like a ring control would work well for your situation.  When you detect an LED change, you add or remove that item from the ring, making it unselectable.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(3,056 Views)
I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish. What is the controller? Do you really mean an indicator? Is Boolean Array to Number what you are looking for?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(3,054 Views)

How  am I supposed to achieve that. I made a ring controller and created a property node with disableditems[]. But how do I link the array of booleans to the disabled items list?

Labview Learner
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(3,046 Views)

HEy Dave,

I see that the output numeric is an indicator. It needs to be a controller so that the user can then select numbgers that represent active LEDs

Labview Learner
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(3,044 Views)

Here is an example of what to do. You search for false Booleans and pass their index to the property node "disable items" of a ring.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(3,039 Views)

Use a property node to fill a list box or a text ring control. These can be changed at runtime.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(3,035 Views)

Hi,

I am using Labview 12.0.1. I see that the vi example is in v13. Can you downgrade the .vi and send it to me?

Thank you,

Labview Learner
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(3,034 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ashaironix

Here's a much simpler version of the example given above.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(3,028 Views)