LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Control color of each element in a cluster?

Hi, I am creating a GUI that need to use a cluster of 2 elements ( 2 LEDs). Each LED will have 4 different colors to indicate 4 states, I want to control the LED to appare one color at one state. Any suggestion will be appreciated, thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 37
(17,268 Views)
Here is an example where changing the value of a know will change the color of the corresponding LED in the cluster.
Randall Pursley
Message 2 of 37
(17,250 Views)

A boolean is really only good for two states (true/False). If you need more states, I would use a colorbox instead. It can easily be made to look like a boolean (see my old example here). Now you would simply pick from a set of colorbox diagram constants, depending on the desired color. This is much more elegant than having to mess with property nodes.

The attached example (LabVIEW 7.0) shows a simple demo. 🙂

(To make the LED color box indicator, I customized a plain color box and simply imported the graphic elements from the regular LED indicator.)

Message Edited by altenbach on 07-01-2005 02:51 PM

Message 3 of 37
(17,246 Views)

Hi Randall, Thank you for your reply. Could you make it in Labview 7.0.

David

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 37
(17,236 Views)
Altenbach, thank you, it help me a lot, but it bring to me another question. How can we make a color box in Round LED sharp? Thanks.

David
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 37
(17,234 Views)
Sorry, I don't know what you mean by "sharp". Can you show an example?

(You can customize the color box in any way you want. Just import a suitable graphics using the control editor.)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 37
(17,231 Views)
Altenbach, see attachment.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 37
(17,225 Views)
I used one of the classic controls as templates (LabVIEW 7.0). See if this is what you want. 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 37
(17,224 Views)
Thanks, this is what I want. Did you customize the Color Box? It is a square from my Labview 7.0. See the attachment. 
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 37
(17,216 Views)
You can find Square Color Box from the attachment.
Message 10 of 37
(17,215 Views)