From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many need Delete Option on Context Menu?

For LabVIEW users,

How many of them need "Delete Option" on Right Click Context Menu?

Delete option in Context Menu.png

I feel providing an delete option in right clicking context menu for any Indicator or Control deleting will make developers easy and fast assessable and avoid too-much use of keyboard.

We use our left hand for control and Shift more offen but for pressing delete button which is at right top corner in keyboard, all of a sudden we will remove our right hand from mouse and press Del which is non comfortable.

So, Developers share your point of view for the same and request to add Delete Option in upcoming version.

Later we will ask even Cut Copy Past...:) He! He! He!

Message 1 of 6
(2,910 Views)

Hi Naveen,

to discuss ideas for improvement of the LabVIEW IDE you should post to the LabVIEW Idea Exchange!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,904 Views)

Hi! GerdW

Yes, I will do and thank you... 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,892 Views)

You say you want to make us "easy and fast assessable".  Well, I'm pretty easy-going, but that's not quite the same as "easy".  And I just can't be assessed very quickly.

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,853 Views)

I don't dislike the idea.  But, it's certainly not a "need." 

Have you seen Darren's shortcuts that help drop and rewire things using only your left hand?  There's some built in functionality to perform similar tasks.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,846 Views)

Thank you for your replies...

The discussion for same topic is going in LabVIEW Idea Exchange....

Link : http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/How-many-need-Delete-Option-on-Context-Menu/idc-p/3091...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,809 Views)