LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many Whiles can an VI have?

Hi to all.

First of all thanks a lot for reading this post and being able to help.

I would like to know how many 'whiles' can i have in a VI.

Because I am thinking in an application will have 9 whiles.

Is there any reestriccion in this?

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,462 Views)

Can Have more than that also but make sure about the execution time and synchronozation between loops.

But Logic can be made to handle in lesser Loops itself

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,455 Views)
I would imagine that the maximum number of while loops in a VI is theoretical (e.g. probably a limit on the number of nodes in a VI) and probably a very large number. You would run out of memory / CPU for processing the loops before you hit the maximum number.

If you have so many loops, you should consider using SubVIs. If the while loops perform the same task (but with different data?), create a single SubVI and put multiple copies of the VI on the block diagram (make the VI reentrant from VI properties).

You can use queues/notifiers/semaphores to communicate between the loops if needed for synchronisation / data transfer.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,446 Views)

hello.

First of all thanks a lot for replying me!

I am going to do that, I thikn it will work.

See this post please to help me in synchronization between whiles.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Syncronitation-between-whiles/td-p/3320211

thanks a lot again.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,444 Views)

I've written routines that had at least 100 While loops running in parallel (many were started Asynchronously, so they weren't explicitly on a Block Diagram).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,424 Views)

Here's an article that talks about how many simultaneous threads are possible.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/3efedde4322fef19862567740067f3cc/84eca015aa496b23862565bc006c0f19?O...

You can have more while loops than this but they might take turns being active rather than executing in parallel

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,356 Views)

Thanks a lot for replying me!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,295 Views)