From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How make an appear windows for the user ? The user could enter the value he want and after the software will run.

Hi everybody,

I am new in programming with labview.
I am doing an intern ship in a company and I would like to Improve an existing software.
The purpose of the software is to a syringe pump manages to fill a nozzle (connected to
an atomizer) and After spraying has pricise Amount on flies.
So, first, the software Was Divided in to share. I made folders to put in one.
-> Until this, it works

Now I would like to make a program executive for purpose That I-have to, first, find a solution
to control the syringe pump. I explain my self: When I am running the software, the syringe
pump start to run by himself and the User has not the time to enter some values. For safe, I tried
put a button to start the problem Is That goal block the software Spraying Because it s use as a
SubVI. So My idea: I would like to bring-up has windows, Where the user can enter all His gains
push a button and OK to run the software.

If someone HAS an idea Will it really help me !!

Have a good day
Anais

(Here is attached in the front panel)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,311 Views)

If you want to give a simple prompt to user you can use Prompt user for input in Dialog and User interface section.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,294 Views)