From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How install DSC module without installing LabVIEW

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi.

I build exe with functions of dsc module (i used opc server). In my computer, it is work fine. Just now i want to create installer for another computer. I check all comonents in Additional Installers. And build it. 

I install my installer in another computer, but i can`t create opc client. In services I find Nationa Instrument variable Engine. His description I/O Engine for LabVIEW and LabVIEW DSC. There are ( http://www.ni.com/white-paper/11843/en#189456_by_Category ) wtitten that I need install DSC module. But when I try install dsc module there appear error like "NI LabVIEW 2010 must be installed before you can install NI LabVIEW 2010 Dataloging and Supervisory Control Module". So, how I can install DSC module in third computer without installing LabVIEW to run exe, where used opc client functions.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,204 Views)
Solution
Accepted by ruslrusl

Hi, any LabVIEW executable that will run on a target machine requires the LabVIEW Run time engine of the version in which the code was developed plus, any other run time engine related to the application, in your case: + the DSC Module Run-Time System. Here is an article that can answer your question plus the readme file for installation instructions.

Alejandro C. | National Instruments
Message 2 of 6
(6,171 Views)

problem.png

how solve ?? please help me 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,853 Views)

If you're going to bump an old thread, read it.  You need the LabVIEW Runtime Engine and the DSC Runtime Engine for the year of LabVIEW you're using.  You'll need to pay for a license for the second.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,847 Views)

Untitled.png

i try do it that u say . but  i can't install Run-time Engine 2013(64-bit) . show message " there are no notifications for your products" . 

what is my wrong ?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,821 Views)
STOP posting duplicate questions!
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,811 Views)