LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How get controls name from a class private data?

Solved!
Go to solution

How can i get the names of the controls inside a class private data?

I am using Actor Framework and trying to create a method tha will be executed when launch the actor. This method need a list o all the control names inside the class data to search for the initial value inside a configuration file (config.ini), the key on the configuration file will be the name of the control.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,630 Views)

I would think the simpler solution would be to create a method in the class to read the right item in the configuration file.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 4
(2,624 Views)

Ok thanks, its the way Im doing it (see the image). But, Im trying to find a better way because I need to modify every class method to read the correct values and pass then to the correct controls (using a unbundle by name on the object).

My idea is to have on the object private data the name of the key used on the configuration file, so I dont need to overwrite the method for every class. Any sugetion?

ActualImplementation.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,585 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Evandrofoz

You are already making the overriding method just because you have to write to the Bundle By Name.  And then how are you going to handle all of the data types the keys could be.  You are making things more difficult than it should be for really very little benefit.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 4 of 4
(2,566 Views)