LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does number of "Samples to Read" come into play with "Continuos Samples"?

How come there is a the option to select "Samples to Read" if I set the "Aquisition Mode" to "Continous Samples"?  I understand that the rate that data is acquired is selected under "Rate (Hz)."  That means that every 1/1000th of a second I get a data point, so what's with the "Samples to Read?"  Is it ignored once I select "Continuous Samples"?  I can see that if you want a finite number of data points, then you would select how many under "Samples to Read," but what am I missing?  I can't seem to see much if any variation in my data when I make changes to number of samples when I use continous sampling.  Snip.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,486 Views)

Read the help file for the DAQmx Timing VI.  It has to do with the buffer size.

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,446 Views)

If using the DAQ Assistant, the Samples To Read is how many samples from the continuous task to read from the buffer each time the DAQ Assistant is called.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,437 Views)