From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do yuo bundle discrete tasks into a single task

I have several discrete tasks defined using NI Max.  How do I bundle them together in LabVIEW as a single task?  I don't want to use NI Max to create the compound task.  I want to do it programatically so I can pick the discrete tasks I want.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,922 Views)

Capture2.PNG

Should work fine

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,916 Views)

Thanks, but where do I find (and what is)  the Vi between the for loop and the create task VI?  I cannot find it on the palette.  I'm running 2014.

missing vi.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,859 Views)

DAQmx Flatten Channel String (VI) <script type="text/javascript">// var L_helpType = "STD_ENG"; // </script> <script type="text/javascript">// var L_taskconfigchm = "taskconfig.chm"; // </script> <script type="text/javascript">// var nofeedbacklink = true; // </script> <script src="/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/170/message-id/common.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/170/message-id/jquery-1.7.2.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/170/message-id/cssframes.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/170/message-id/domtools.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/170/message-id/arraytools.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/170/message-id/initpagedyn.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/170/message-id/stylesheets.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/170/message-id/web.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/170/message-id/pdf.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/170/message-id/infocodes.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/170/message-id/launchhelpLV.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/170/message-id/launchdaqhelp.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="MS-ITS:glang.chm::/helpserver.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/170/message-id/Variables.js"></script> <script src="/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/170/message-id/cssframes.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/170/message-id/launchhelplv.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

DAQmx Flatten Channel String (VI)

Owning Palette: DAQmx Utilities VIs
Installed With: NI-DAQmx

Converts an array of physical or virtual channel names to a comma-delimited list of names. You can use this VI to convert an array of channel names to a single string prior to using the DAQmx Create Virtual Channel VI or the DAQmx Create Task VI.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,842 Views)
All that you needed to do was drag the snippet to your block diagram.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,833 Views)

Thanks.  I though it was just an image.  It didn't occur to me to try to copy it.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,825 Views)