LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do yuo bundle discrete tasks into a single task

I have several discrete tasks defined using NI Max.  How do I bundle them together in LabVIEW as a single task?  I don't want to use NI Max to create the compound task.  I want to do it programatically so I can pick the discrete tasks I want.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,908 Views)

Capture2.PNG

Should work fine

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,902 Views)

Thanks, but where do I find (and what is)  the Vi between the for loop and the create task VI?  I cannot find it on the palette.  I'm running 2014.

missing vi.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,845 Views)

DAQmx Flatten Channel String (VI) <script type="text/javascript">// var L_helpType = "STD_ENG"; // </script> <script type="text/javascript">// var L_taskconfigchm = "taskconfig.chm"; // </script> <script type="text/javascript">// var nofeedbacklink = true; // </script> <script src="/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/170/message-id/common.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/170/message-id/jquery-1.7.2.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/170/message-id/cssframes.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/170/message-id/domtools.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/170/message-id/arraytools.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/170/message-id/initpagedyn.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/170/message-id/stylesheets.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/170/message-id/web.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/170/message-id/pdf.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/170/message-id/infocodes.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/170/message-id/launchhelpLV.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/170/message-id/launchdaqhelp.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="MS-ITS:glang.chm::/helpserver.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/170/message-id/Variables.js"></script> <script src="/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/170/message-id/cssframes.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/170/message-id/launchhelplv.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

DAQmx Flatten Channel String (VI)

Owning Palette: DAQmx Utilities VIs
Installed With: NI-DAQmx

Converts an array of physical or virtual channel names to a comma-delimited list of names. You can use this VI to convert an array of channel names to a single string prior to using the DAQmx Create Virtual Channel VI or the DAQmx Create Task VI.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,828 Views)
All that you needed to do was drag the snippet to your block diagram.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,819 Views)

Thanks.  I though it was just an image.  It didn't occur to me to try to copy it.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,811 Views)