From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you upgrade from LabView 2012 to 2014?

I started with LabVIEW 2012 installed on my PC in 2012 and since then have been installing the available upgrades to the point where I had 2014 running.  My company just got me a new PC, and I'm trying to install LabVIEW again.  I started with the 2012 install DVDs and have been rebuilding the upgrades, but I cannot get back to 2014.  My VIs won't run on 2012 because they are 2014 versions, but the automatic updates aren't taking me back to 2014.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,271 Views)

You need your license code to activate it and to contact your local NI technical support.

The License structure changed somewhere around 2014/15 if I remember correctly too, so it may be that you are not able to upgrade.

CLD; LabVIEW since 8.0, Currently have LabVIEW 2015 SP1, 2018SP1 & 2020 installed
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,247 Views)

Hi Jim,

Each version of LabVIEW is its own program. They do not build on each other in the way you have proposed. You may be thinking of the service packs put out by NI during the year. If you would like to run VI's created in LabVIEW 2014, you will need to install LabVIEW 2014 and either use that version or elect to save the VI as a previous version, at which point you should be able to open the VI in previous versions of LabVIEW. This article explains how to transfer VI's between different versions of LabVIEW.

I would speak to whoever manages your NI licenses and ask them what versions of LabVIEW your company has a license for. It is typically best to install whichever is the most up-to-date version as new LabVIEW features are introduced every year!

Best,

Duncan W.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,214 Views)