From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you turn off the relay for a DT80?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, I am a complete Labview newbie.  I am currently taking data from a DT80, which from my understanding is interpreted as a TCP.  My question is: is there a way to turn off the relay from Labview via some switch?  Even after the data run is stopped, it continues to scan as evidenced by a really annoying clicking sound that turns on when I start the code for the first time and doesn't turn off until I turn the machine itself off.  Any help is greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,510 Views)

This sounds more like a question for the manufacturer.  Did you get LabVIEW drivers to use?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,497 Views)

Hi schwalbs,

before you call the manufacturer of this "DT80" (is it a bike from Yamaha?) you should read it's manual!

Most often questions on remote control of devices are answered in the (programming) manual…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,483 Views)

Thank you both for your responses.  I have read the manual and while it is mentioned that Labview can be used, there are no explicit commands laid out to stop the relay.  I will try contacting the manufacturer though, I was just curious if anyone on here had encountered a similiar situation.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,463 Views)

Does the manual have ANY kinds of commands?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,449 Views)

From what I understand, it has a lot of commands but none specifically relating to the operation of the relay except to tell it when to take data and what kind.  The attached link is to the manual.

http://www.datataker.com/documents/manuals/UM-0085-B7%20-%20DT8x%20Users%20Manual.pdf

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,426 Views)
Solution
Accepted by schwalbs

Look at page 170 to see how to access the relay via modbus.

Looking at page 196, it looks like 1RELAY=0 or 1 RELAY=1 are the commands to turn it off and on.

Message 7 of 9
(3,422 Views)

Thank you very much!  I must have completely missed that section.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,419 Views)

It's a big manual.  That probably isn't even the best section to describe it.  I just kept searching for the word "relay" until I found some pages that gave some clue as to how to acess it.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,417 Views)