From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you take into account a differential signal using daqmx?

Solved!
Go to solution

I created a channel using 2 separate voltage sources. However, both of these voltage sources are differentials across other channels on the DAQ board. Is there a way to set my physical channels as something like "differential w/ channel xxx"?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,705 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author BennyDe

No, the differential pairs on DAQ boards are hardwired.  Generally 0-8, 1-9, etc. but that depends on the card.  Read the manual for your specific device.

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,694 Views)

Ok, so as long as I choose Differential for the "Input terminal configuration" on the "creat channel vi", I should be fine?

I am wired into the DAq board's standard differential inputs.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,690 Views)

Yes, you should be all set.  Here's a good read on wiring considerations:  http://www.ni.com/white-paper/3344/en/

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,641 Views)