LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you setup a fixed reference in LabView when gathering temperature data with Agilent 34970A

Hi I am using Agilent 34970A to gather a lot of thermocouple data. Until now I was using it soley with the internal reference. I was hoping to switch and set this to a fixed reference. In Lab View, how do I select which thermocouple is the fixed reference thermocouple?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,195 Views)

@19rachael91 wrote:

Hi I am using Agilent 34970A to gather a lot of thermocouple data. Until now I was using it soley with the internal reference. I was hoping to switch and set this to a fixed reference. In Lab View, how do I select which thermocouple is the fixed reference thermocouple?

Could you show us some code?  Your question is a bit open-ended and we could considerably narrow down the choices based on what we see.  🙂

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,192 Views)

I can't show you my actual setup but I working with a driver and the corresponding icons:

Mainly the one with the glasses and thermometer. I am able to set all of my thermocouples through there and select fixed reference but I can not figure out how to select which thermocouple is the fixed reference.

Hopefully this was helpful in clarifying what I am working with (sorry I can not send the screen and I am very new to this)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,186 Views)

Have you looked in the help document for the driver? Can you provide more information about which VIs you are using and how you are configuring the reference? I do not see anything about configuring references in the VI you were pointing to: the EZTemperature.vi.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,157 Views)