LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you read old Macintosh LabView files in LabView 6.1 for the PC?

I have a LabView application written for a version of LabView that ran on
a Macintosh IIci that is no longer in operation. This Labview application is approximately 5 years
old.
We have LabView 6.1 for the PC. Is there some way to read the old
Macintosh LabView files in LabView 6.1 for the PC? How would you
recommend getting the files from the Macintosh platform to the PC?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,316 Views)
LabVIEW has been cross platform since version 3 (partially in version 2.2 and 2.5). LV 6.1 was not around 5 years ago, so the Mac application is probably in an older version. Generally a 1 or 2 version update just requires recompiling. If your original program is in version 3 it might be more involved.

Try recompiling the program first. If that works you are done. If not, then you may need to do an intermediate upgrade. LV 3 -> LV 4 -> LV 5 -> LV6.

As for moving the files, try writing them onto a PC formatted floppy or ZIP disk from the Mac. The PC should then be able to read them. The Mac can read and write PC formatted disks but the PC cannot read Mac foramtted disks.

I have old versions of LV for Mac so I may be able to help if you need an inter
mediate upgrade.

Lynn
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,316 Views)
About a month ago I had posted the question of how to read an old Macintosh Labview file on a newer PC that has Labview 6.1. I didn't have the file at the time. Now that I have the file and it's on the computer(the PC), I can not seem to get it to run. Is it possible for someone to tell me specically how to recompile the file and/or send me intermediate versions of Labview which would allow me to open this file. Thanks.
Kathleen
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,316 Views)
Not running and not opening are two different things. For details on the conversion kit, see the discussion here. If it doesn't run correctly, you need to provide some more details on what the exact problem is or even post the VI.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,316 Views)