LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you Tx/Rx AM signal using USRP?

I am new to LabVIEW and implementing communications systems. What I am tring to do is transmit a dial tone from one USRP to another using AM.I used the niUSRP EX Rx/Tx Continuous Async vi's as a starting point. 

RX: I add two sine waves to create a dial tone and send that into "MT Modulate AM VI", then that into "niUSRP Write Tx Data (poly) VI". Correct me if Im wrong, but I think thats all I need to do on the Rx side.

TX: This is where I'm strugling with. Out of the "niUSRP Fetch Rx Data (poly) VI" block I can go directly into a "MT Demodulate AM VI" block. The waveform I get is different from the dial tone I generated on the RX side. I assume this is because I didnt add a low pass filter before demodulating? The data line coming out of the USRP block is an odd pink/purple color that I dont know how to work with.

So my question is, is my problem caused by a lack of a low pass filter? If so, how do I work with the data line and implement a LPF?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,773 Views)

Hey there!

For starters, I would recommend posting this question on the USRP Software Radio Discussion Forum thread here: http://forums.ni.com/t5/USRP-Software-Radio/bd-p/500

This will ensure that you are posting to a community that has experience with the hardware and software you are using.

When you post there I would recommend also including the following information:

1. Which USRP you are using

2. Images of the Tx and Rx data to illustrate how they are different

Rachel P. | Applications Engineer | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,699 Views)