From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i take a wave form, subtract the dc component and then see the result in a waveform graph?

I have an incomming cluster of data in a signal and i can see that on graphs, and see the averaged dc component on graphs, but when i try to subrtact the two it gives me an error message. if i try to convert the origional signal to a different data type and then subract the dc component it works, but it does not appear on a waveform graph. please help
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,219 Views)
You need to wire dT value to Avg DC-RMS averaging time node.  This value needs to match the dT of the data (or 1/rate), otherwise the two data types will not have matching dT's and cannot be worked with together.

LV 8 example attached (I changed to DAQ assist properties to Dev1, so you'll need to put it back to use it for your HW).

Editted to add - you don't need to convert the data if you properly set the Avg DC-RMS polymorphic selector (righ click the Subvi) to Averaged 1 Channel instead of automatic.

Message Edited by Jonnie 5 on 07-31-2006 03:32 PM

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,212 Views)