How do i get a boolean indicator to trigger a event structure

Solved!
Go to solution

(please stand by ;))

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(3,489 Views)

@Chknrckd wrote:

I've tried wiring it without the case structure, and the event structure triggers that the comparison has changed, even though it goes from false - false - false, and so on.

I need the output of an or-gate in one loop to trigger the the event in the other loop. so the event structure is running in parallel to the other while loop.  When the 'or' gate in the while loop changes from false to true, i want the event structure to trigger and stop.  hope that makes sense

As I said, a writing to a signaling property will fire the value change event even if the value did not actually change.

The specifications are still incomplete. Should the upper loop stop too? What is the purpose of the outer loop? Currently it can be deleted without change in VI function.

Message 12 of 16
(3,485 Views)

double post. ignore this

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(3,485 Views)

the outer loop is not necessary, but i need BOTH of the loops to stop.  the one without the event structure stops witha  stop button to an or gate, to the end.  and the other one with the event structure needs to stop based on the output of that or gate.

sorry this is complicated - looks like my 'simplifcation' of my program didn't help too much.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(3,482 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chknrckd
Message 15 of 16
(3,458 Views)

wow perfect!  you're a life-saver.  i was close - just missing one little thing.  Thanks everyone!

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(3,456 Views)