From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i do the restaurant pager system on Labview?

@WanTonMee wrote:

Here's the link:  http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/everyday-tech/restaurant-pager.htm

Are you seriously asking someone to provide you with a completely working software for FREE?????

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,838 Views)

You give me a call.  You pay me and my team $XXX/hour that we work on it.  You enjoy your new toy.

Seriously, what are you asking out of us right now?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,818 Views)

As the others have said, if you are asking for full code, you are out of luck unless you hire someone.

If you are asking for general advice, here's what I would consider.

1. Use the digital outputs of a DAQ connected to a radio transmitter (message sent corresponds to output of DAQ)

2. Each "pager" has a radio receiver and a some Demultiplexer chips (4:16, multiple if you need more than 16 total pagers).

3. Each "pager" is set up with logic gates that pass HIGH for a specific input (unique to each pager)  (this would be better done with a microprocessor but the logic gate option is probably cheaper)

4. By sending the right digital output of the DAQ (01101, for example) it corresponds with only 1 pager and it's circuitry activates (sound, vibration, etc)

As far as the user interface, you'd probably want a barcode scanner (sticker code on each pager), or maybe RFID chips, to quickly register which pager is assigned to the name being entered.  The DAQ outputs for each pager would be hard-coded and automatically selected when required.  Of course, you'd probably want your front panel to look something like your seating layout.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,798 Views)

I'm guessing this is a homework assignment to simulate a restaurant pager system in code.  Of course we still won't do it for you but if it's a school project we'll be happy to help you along....

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,788 Views)

Well, if that is the case, the OP will be glad to note that my hourly rates for personal tutoring are very, very reasonable -- plus air fare of course...

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,773 Views)